Steamed Egg with CBD Chili Oil by Jing Gao, Founder of Fly By Jing
This recipe contains nonpsychoactive cannabidiol (CBD) oil. If you wish to have a more elevated experience and have access to an infused olive oil containing THC, skip the CBD oil. Instead, use 2 tablespoons of the THC oil in step eight, and then follow the directions as noted. Be aware that a specific cannabis variety’s THC and CBD levels can vary, so be sure to know your product well before using and be mindful of your metabolism.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup dashi or stock, 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- POT DʼHUILE oil, chili oil, and scallions
- Whisk eggs in a bowl, add dashi, mirin, soy sauce and whisk well. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve and set aside.
- Pour into a small bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Steam gently for 8-10 min, remove and keep wrapped until ready to serve — it will keep for about 10-20 minutes.
- Top with POT DʼHUILE oil, chili oil and scallions.